Click on the following highlighted links to access useful information for organizations striving to incorporate sustainable business practices.
- Lower Valley Energy
- Commercial Conservation Programs
- Appliance Rebate Application
- Energy Efficiency – Energy Saving Tips; Learn About Green Power; Contractor’s list and more
- Energy Conservation Works
- Energy Saving Tips
- Teton County Integrated Solid Waste and Recycling (ISWR) – Reduce, reuse, recycle, and manage municipal solid waste throughout Teton County, Wyoming, in an efficient and environmentally-sound manner.
- Jackson Curbside Recycling – Jackson Curbside Recycling offers residential and business pick up services throughout Teton County.
- Corrugated Cardboard Recycling Pick Up Service available to Teton County Businesses
- Electronic Waste Recycling – Responsibly dispose of electronic waste, which is banned from the trash.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal – Responsibly dispose of common toxic materials which, are banned from the trash.
- Paper Shredding Service – Save time and let Jackson Community Recycling destroy your documents with our industrial paper shredder; paper is then recycled of course!
- Textile Recycling – Clean, dry textiles and clothing accepted to be redistributed and reused.
- Expanded Plastics Recycling – Teton County now able to accept plastic bags, plastic wrap and plastic film to be recycled.
- Scrap Metal Recycling – Free disposal of scrap metal.
Stop Junk Mail
- Catalog Choice Free service to opt out of catalogs, coupons, credit card offers, phone books, circulars and more.
- PaperKarma – This smart phone app lets you take photos of the unwanted mail you want to stop. Snap a photo and you’re done.
Local Sustainability Resources
- Jackson Hole & Yellowstone Sustainable Destination Program - The purpose of the Jackson Hole & Yellowstone Sustainable Destination Program is to strengthen, sustain, and balance the programs, policies, and practices for environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic vitality in and of Teton County, Wyoming. The Program does this through sustainability training and education, technical assistance, networking, partnership development, and information resource sharing.
- Sustainable Destination Information Resources
- Yellowstone-Teton Clean Energy Coalition – Promoting fuels, technologies, and strategies to reduce regional petroleum use.
Local Government Environmental Initiatives
- Teton County Zero Waste Resolution – The Teton County Board of Commissioners has taken historic action by unanimously adopting a Zero Waste Resolution. As a result, a decade from now, Teton County’s opportunities to divert waste from the landfill will be greater than they are today, possibly including programs such as food waste composting and widespread commingled collection of recyclables. Read the full press release here.
- The Energy Conservation Works is a joint effort between the Town of Jackson, Teton County, and Lower Valley Energy with the mission of providing leadership, implementation, and education specific to energy conservation, energy sustainability, and energy efficiency.
- Teton County Energy Reports
- Town of Jackson Environmental Initiatives